How does Sezzle work?
Sezzle is a payment solution that gives you the freedom to buy now and pay later - with no interest!
When you place an order through Sezzle, our unique approvals system reviews your account to determine which repayment plan we can offer:
- By default, you will be given the option to pay in two payments. In this case, 50% of the order total is due up-front, with the remaining amount (50%) to pay in a second installment, due 30 days apart from the first one.
- When paying in four payments, 25% of the order total due up-front (also called your "downpayment" or "first installment"), with the remaining amount (75%) divided up across three more installments, each due 30 days apart. The more you shop, the more Pay in 4 will become available.
No interest, no up-front or hidden fees. In fact, as long as you pay off your installments on time, there are no fees at all!
When your order is placed, Sezzle pays the merchant in-full for the order immediately - so the merchant has their funds and is able to process your order just like if you had paid them in full with a credit card! This isn't layaway, so the merchant fulfills your order within their normal shipping and processing times.
Our checkout is straight forward - simply shop at a merchant that offers Sezzle, select "Sezzle" at checkout, and we walk you through the rest of the process.
What's the catch?
There's no catch. We don't charge interest, and we only charge fees if a payment fails or you need to adjust the date of your payments more than once per order. We also only run a soft credit check (or "soft inquiry"), so there's no negative hit to your credit score.
If that all sounds great to you (and we hope it does), there are a few requirements to get started shopping with Sezzle:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a phone number that can receive texts
- Have a working email address
- Have a non-prepaid payment method available
- This can be a debit card, pre-paid card, or a credit card
If you're ready to get started, click here to sign up! If you've already signed up, click here to get shopping!