Sezzle is all about financial empowerment - not helping our users dig themselves into debt. Because of that, we don't provide a fixed credit limit that can be "maxed out." Instead, every time you attempt to place an order, our unique approvals process reviews your Sezzle account to determine whether or not we're able to approve the purchase.
This is an entirely automatic system and is not something we are able to override. It's totally normal to start out with a small order, even just an item or two, and work your way up to being able to Sezzle large orders.
However, there are some things you might be able to do to get an order approved!
- Lower the amount of your order
- Start small! Most first-time shoppers won't get approved for orders that are hundreds of dollars or more. It's not uncommon to start out with orders closer to 100 - 200 €. As you use Sezzle and successfully pay off orders on time, we're usually able to approve larger orders.
- Verify your account was created correctly
- Make sure all of your account information is accurate - for example, entering the wrong birth date or misspelling your name can cause you to be declined for orders. Learn more about updating account information here.
- Double-check your payment method
- If you don't have a payment method tied to your account, or we aren't able to charge it (because it's expired or there aren't enough funds available), you won't be able to place any new orders. Learn more about adding payment methods here.
- Check for failed payments, or pay off outstanding installments
- If you have a failed payment on your account, you won't be able to place new orders until it's paid off. Learn more about failed payments here.
- If you have existing unpaid orders, they may also prevent you from being able to place a new order. Paying off existing orders entirely may allow you to place a new order. Learn more about paying off installments early here.